Sunday, November 30, 2014

It's that Time for Us to Meet Again! Wow!

Modern Quilt Guild Meeting!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Stitched Studio
1144 East Paris SE
Grand Rapids

Social time:  6:30 pm

Meeting begins:  7:00 pm

 One of my hostess gifts for my daughter's in-laws.  Since this fabric is "modern" the young hostess will probably choose this table runner.  This pattern is from Quilted Memories in Montague.  Jill makes the  best patterns.  The red batik on the back is so that it can be flipped for Valentine's Day and President's Day (cherry pie etc etc etc)
 The apron below is more tradtional but the style is considered modern since it's Retro - go figure!
 This table runner is for another season.  This fabric is part of Jill's kit.  Both of these table runners I did in a day (yep, it's been dreary and sleepy dogs).  While we may be a modern guild, we sew for many audiences and have a variety of taste ourselves.  The backside of the sunflowers is candy corn for Halloween.
 The second apron is from a kit from a winter bus tour a few years ago.  I never made it until today.  More my style apron....but another great hostess gift!  (Yes, it's a tea towel.  I have several I have purchased as souvenirs....guess what friends!)

 

See you at the meeting!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy. Love what you have done. Makes me wish I had picked up the kits for that table runner. I have the pattern. Must get busy! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete