Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Happy Tax Day!

Yes, another year gone by and taxes are due!  Oh, well!

Some times we expose ourselves to events that can be quite taxing.  On Monday the 13th, not unlike some Fridays, I took a class on making the Sew Together Bag by SewDemented.  It's a great little bag and seems like it can hold many items without falling out.

Here's a picture....



http://627handworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/627handworks-Sew-Together-Bag-7.jpgWhile the class size was perfect, just four of us and our teacher, Marilyn, this bag was a bit of a challenge.  For those of you wanting to make this bag, think thin for the interfacing.  I used a light weight fusible fleece....way too thick.  Also, really think through the pocket linings and the inside linings.  Admittedly, I was in a hurry on Sunday evening getting the cutting and fusing done so class time would only be assembly, the interior isn't quite like I envisioned.  This bag might be good for my daughters, they both wear contacts and carry all the paraphernalia that goes with.  My next bag will definitely use a heavy dress making type interfacing and the linings more interesting.  The bulk in the my pocket seams and with putting the bindings on make the zippers the easiest feature.

Here's my bag:




Here's a tutorial on making baskets that were shown on Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam.
(While the links are showing on my page, click on either "baskets" or "Lisa Lisa and Quilt Jam" for links). 

1 comment:

  1. If I can offer some advice when it comes to getting a lawyer, always interview them before you hire them. Just because they were awesome in that commercial, they could be different in front of a jury. I learned the hard way because my lawyer was an ass, i hated him, the jurors hates him, and it cost me in settlement money.

    Wanda Hanson @ Tax Tiger

    ReplyDelete