Monday, July 6, 2015

Too hot to sew? Well, look at this important tool....

I love my sewing room, it's large and spacious even though I've managed to fill it and make it a tricky place to maneuver!  However, it is on the second floor of my home facing due west.  While the forever shedding sycamores shade this side of the house, my sewing room can get beastly hot.  My good friend Lisa H, a non-sewist, recently showed me her cooling device for "those" moments.  Lisa is a bit younger than m and carries this fan with her everywhere.

 Annie is pretty old but still enjoys a cool breeze!
I was in a driven mood the other day needing to finish some work when I pulled this necklace fan from my travel goodies.  I bought it for the hot days on my hiking trip but never used it.  The neck rope comes apart to shorten, which I needed in order to keep the fan from getting buried by the quilt.  It cost all of  $5.99 at Meijer, in the fan section, AND uses AA batteries.  Enjoy, as the hot weather has finally arrived.


Grand Rapids Modern Quilters is meeting tomorrow night, July 7th at Kuyper Colledge.  Social time begins at 6:30.  The demos include open vs closed seams and how to make the tool to help iron seams open.

No comments:

Post a Comment